School Development Plan summary
KEY DEVELOPMENT PRIORITIES 2019/20
Please note this is a working document. A review of the previous SDP and a more detailed current plan will be available shortly.
- Quality of education
- To improve the delivery of an ambitious, well planned, relevant and creative curriculum, encouraging independent, self-motivated and active learners.
- To maintain and improve outcomes for all pupil groups in reading, writing, maths and science.
- Behaviour and attitudes
- To maintain a happy, caring and safe learning environment where everyone thrives, developing resilience, confidence and independence.
- To encourage full attendance and an excellent punctuality record.
- Personal development
- To nurture children and guide them to show respect, consideration and responsibility for others and their environment, both within the school and the wider community.
- To encourage and inspire all pupils to achieve their true potential through effective inclusive practice, which includes a wide range of experiences.
- Leadership and management
- The SLT and governors have a clear and ambitious vision for an effective, efficient and happy school, which involves and benefits pupils, parents and staff.
- The DSLs and governors ensure the school maintains a robust safeguarding culture and procedure.
- Quality of education in early years
- To focus on providing a high quality, ambitious curriculum so all children have the opportunity to build solid foundations and reach their full potential.
- To focus on improving the outside play learning opportunities.
- Overall effectiveness
- To ensure that the quality of education and all the key judgements remain outstanding.
- To ensure that our safeguarding procedures are effective.