PE & School Sport Premium Funding
PE and Sports Funding for 2019/20 will be £18,400. We aim to provide high quality sports provision for all our children
School Sport Premium currently funds;
- Specialist sports coaching for PE lessons Reception to Year 6
- The cost of two swimming instructors for each class from Year 3 - Year 5 and 1:1 instruction for a child with physical special needs
- The cost of an annual Key Stage 2 swimming gala
- The cost of a whole school Sports Day at the Battersea Park sports track
- Lunchtime sports activity led by a Fit for Sports instructor.
The impact of the funding;
- Children have an opportunity to enjoy and participate in sporting activities.
- By the end of Year 6 all children are able to swim at least 25 metres.
- Levels of obesity, measured as part of the National Child Measurement programme, show that by Year 6 children at St Peter's school have significantly healthier weights in comparison to national and London levels.
- The school was recently given a Silver Healthy School award. We are planning to apply for a Gold award.